Skip to main content

NDDC DONATES SCHOOL ITEMS TO UPE ABULOMA

NDDC DONATES SCHOOL ITEMS TO UPE ABULOMA



As part of its drive to create conducive learning environment and to strengthen education in the region, the Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC has distribution sets of school desks and chairs to UPE Model Primary School 1 & 2, Abuloma. The facilities which arrived today is said to be the first batch since the acting NDDC board was constituted in 2019.

Presenting the items was the Acting Executive Director of Finance and Administration Mr. Oyirinda Amadi, who was represented by Dame Ibifuro Thompson Tatua, SA on Community Affairs to the Acting MD NDDC, she said the items delivered was in fulfillment of the promise made to the Amayanabo and his people during an earlier visit to the palace.

According to her, "In line with the core mandates of the NDDC, we have come to present this first batch of school desks and chairs to UPE Model Primary School, Abuloma, in partial fulfilment of our promise to you during our earlier visit."


The Acting EDFA, firther noted that the Commission is determined to do all within its powers to promote learning and quality education in every school within the Niger Delta region.

Recieving the facilities was the Amayanabo of Abuloma, HRH Bright Ateke Fiboinumama (Rtd) alongside his council of Chiefs and the Head Teacher of UPE Model primary School 1, Chief Tamunoomie Loveday Adda-Gbom, who  expressed gratitude to the NDDC board for delivering on their promise even within a very short frame of time.

"Previously I have had the experience of people coming here to make promises that never see the light of the day, but this new NDDC Board has towed a different path. Clearly, this is an upgrade for the school because what they have there presently are old wooden chairs. The people of Abuloma are very grateful and we look forward to more of this laudable and bold actions."


▪Priestley Nna,


February 20, 2019.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perpetrators of Flogged Anambra Woman bags 9yrs imprisonment

Perpetrators of Flogged Anambra Woman bags 9yrs imprisonment At least husband and wife, Ifeanyi Azota and Azotani Toochukwu and their family friend, Ogochukwu Nwankwo have been sentenced to prison for assaulting a woman, Okafor Ogochukwu, at Ezimezi village in Amawbia state. While the husband bagged 16 months imprisonment with a fine of N200,000, the wife and her friend bagged nine (9) years imprisonment each, conspiracy, blackmail, deprivation of liberty and assault occassioning harm. Recall that, a statement by SP Haruna Mohammed PPRO of Anambra State   Police Command, stated that: “On the 21/3/2019 at about 2:40pm, one Okafor Ogochukwu ‘F’ of Osile Village Ogidi reported at Central Police Station Awka that on 19/03/2019 at about 11:36am, she was invited by her male facebook friend one Ifeanyi Azota ‘m’ to his house at Ezimezi village in Amawbia. All of a Sudden a woman who claimed to be his wife namely Azotani Toochukwu ‘f’ suddenly appeared into the house with he...

MEET THE OLDEST PRISONER IN THE WORLD THAT SAID HE IS NOT GUILTY

MEET THE OLDEST PRISONER IN THE WORLD THAT SAID HE IS NOT GUILTY After serving 63 years for a crime he claims he did not commit, a Pennsylvania man is turning down the opportunity to be paroled from prison on principle. He claims he is innocent and should never have been convicted in the first place. Convicted for the 1953 murders of two people at the age of 15, the man has maintained his innocence for more than half a century. You have to hear his story. Seventy nine year old Joseph Ligon, was fifteen years old when he was tried and convicted for the stabbing deaths of Charles Pitts and Jackson Hamm. Five other youths were also charged. The deaths were the result of a gang brawl. Developmentally disabled, he admitted he had been part of the melee, but did not stab the two youths who were killed, and he has maintained his innocence throughout his ordeal. All of the other defendants in the case have either passed away or have been released from prison already. In 2010, Ligon spoke...

Sad: See what Buhari said about Rivers/Kaduna

  Read full text: STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE PRESIDENT BUHARI CONDEMNS NEW YEAR KILLINGS IN RIVERS AND KADUNA STATES President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed shock and outrage at reports of killings of innocent persons in Omoku, Rivers State and the traditional ruler, the Etum Numana, Dr Gambo Makama, and his wife in Sango Local Government Area of Kaduna State in the New Year. The President, who described the incidents as “reprehensible and unacceptable,” directed law enforcement agencies in both states to intensify their current efforts in order to speedily bring the perpetrators to face the wrath of the law. “I have always maintained that nothing justifies the taking of the life of an innocent person,” he said, adding that “people in our communities must learn to live peacefully.” President Buhari appealed to the communities affected not to embark on reprisal attacks, but allow the security agencies to carry out comprehensive investigations to properly punish the culprits. He comm...