Skip to main content

Disregard any NGROPPMAN election, Aimu Foni tells Nigerians



Mr. Aimu Foni has told Nigerians to disregard any factional president in the guise of representing the National Groundnut Producers Processors and Marketers Association of Nigeria, NGROPPMAN.

This was made known over the weekend shortly after a court sitting in Abuja issued a restraining order stopping members of National Groundnut Producers, Processors Marketers Association of Nigeria NGROPPMAN  from any form of conducting groups election until a clear date from the Ministry of Trade and investment are reached.


The Judge Hon. Yahaya Sheshi of the Grade 1 Area court sitting at Kado Federal Capital Territory on Tuesday 19th, 2021 in a suit CV/2/2021 gave the motion compelling the defendants Mr. Usman Dabirni, Mr. Mohammed Mustapha, and Mr. Salisu Dabai not to impersonate or conduct any form of election until the hearing of the motion.

The motion reads "An Order of interim injunction restraining the defendants or any other person(s) agents, previes and servants from conducting election into the executive council of NGROPPMAN as scheduled for 11:30am of the 20th January, 2021 or at any other time date pending at the hearing and determination of motion on notice."

 "An Order of interim injunction restraining the defendants from parading themselves out in the public as National president, secretary and treasurer of National Groundnut Producers, Processors Marketers Association of Nigeria respectively pend the hearing and motion of notice," as the matter was adjourned to the 24th January,  2021.

Reacting to it was the lead plaintiff Mr. Aimu Foni, who expressed dissatisfaction over the act of some members of NGROPPMAN impersonating as executives  with the aim of tarnishing the association outside. He insisted that the rule of law is more paramount in the growth and development of every association, advising that same rules should be kept in NGROPPMAN.

Speaking further, Aimu Foni advised that a proper date for election will be communicated, calling on Central Bank of Nigeria and other state and federal parastartas not to deal with any purported newly elected executives of NGROPPMAN until  the ministry sits  with the group on the 28th January before an election date will be decided.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad: See what Buhari said about Rivers/Kaduna

  Read full text: STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE PRESIDENT BUHARI CONDEMNS NEW YEAR KILLINGS IN RIVERS AND KADUNA STATES President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed shock and outrage at reports of killings of innocent persons in Omoku, Rivers State and the traditional ruler, the Etum Numana, Dr Gambo Makama, and his wife in Sango Local Government Area of Kaduna State in the New Year. The President, who described the incidents as “reprehensible and unacceptable,” directed law enforcement agencies in both states to intensify their current efforts in order to speedily bring the perpetrators to face the wrath of the law. “I have always maintained that nothing justifies the taking of the life of an innocent person,” he said, adding that “people in our communities must learn to live peacefully.” President Buhari appealed to the communities affected not to embark on reprisal attacks, but allow the security agencies to carry out comprehensive investigations to properly punish the culprits. He comm...

APC Ward Congress: Amaechi says materials were not hijacked... Calls on the general public to shun rumour mongers

The Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi  Amaechi, has said the planned All Progressives Congress, APC, Congresses in Rivers State will hold has scheduled in spite the rumours making the rounds in some section of the Media  that materials were hijacked and  compromised. The former governor made the assertion in Port Harcourt recently, while reacting to insinuations that materials meant for the congresses had been hijacked with the view of compromising the outcome in favour of a particular group of party loyalists. For your news and adverts, contact Newspointers.blogspot. com imaowaji135@gmail.com Call: 08159993540 Amaechi expressed surprise that someone could cook up such falsehood in order to cast doubts in the hearts of citizens and also heat up the political scene. Reiterating his stance for free and credible Congresses across the state, he opined that he is not in possession of any material relating to the planned Congresses because he is not a part...

Perpetrators of Flogged Anambra Woman bags 9yrs imprisonment

Perpetrators of Flogged Anambra Woman bags 9yrs imprisonment At least husband and wife, Ifeanyi Azota and Azotani Toochukwu and their family friend, Ogochukwu Nwankwo have been sentenced to prison for assaulting a woman, Okafor Ogochukwu, at Ezimezi village in Amawbia state. While the husband bagged 16 months imprisonment with a fine of N200,000, the wife and her friend bagged nine (9) years imprisonment each, conspiracy, blackmail, deprivation of liberty and assault occassioning harm. Recall that, a statement by SP Haruna Mohammed PPRO of Anambra State   Police Command, stated that: “On the 21/3/2019 at about 2:40pm, one Okafor Ogochukwu ‘F’ of Osile Village Ogidi reported at Central Police Station Awka that on 19/03/2019 at about 11:36am, she was invited by her male facebook friend one Ifeanyi Azota ‘m’ to his house at Ezimezi village in Amawbia. All of a Sudden a woman who claimed to be his wife namely Azotani Toochukwu ‘f’ suddenly appeared into the house with he...