Skip to main content

Outrageous! See what NDDC boss did to children of a slain Policeman at The Sun Newspaper Award!

Outrageous! See what NDDC boss did to children of a slain Policeman at The Sun Newspaper Award!


The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, has awarded scholarships to university level to all seven children of Sergeant Chukwudi Iboko, the policeman who lost his life while courageously aborting an armed robbery attack on a bank in Owerri, Imo State, last year.

The Managing Director of the Commission, Mr. Nsima Ekere, announced this on Saturday after receiving the Public Service Award at the Sun Awards in Lagos.


He also announced the donation of one million naira to the family of the deceased who was equally honoured at the award ceremony as the Nigerian Hero of the Year.


Ekere stated that the NDDC was working with State Governments and security agencies to tackle what he called the very serious security challenges in the Niger Delta.


He expressed delight with the award, describing it as a validation of the efforts of the present board and management of the NDDC to uplift the Commission, make it more transparent, restructure its governing system, restore its core mandate and end the era of non-performing contracts.


The Publisher of Sun Newspapers, Dr. Orji Kalu, who presented the award, explained that Ekere was honoured in recognition of his development strides for the people of Niger Delta and Nigeria in general.


He noted that the presence of members of the Senate and House of Representatives Committees on Niger Delta at the ceremony showed that the NDDC boss was democratic in the way he administered the Commission.


Kalu charged Ekere to continue to deliver on his duties to the people of Niger Delta.

The NDDC boss was escorted to receive the award by a host of personalities including the Managing Director of Oil and Gas Free Zones Authority, Mr. Umana Umana, the Commissioner representing Akwa Ibom State in the NDDC, Mr. Samuel Frank, former governorship aspirants, Arc. Ezekiel Nya-Etok and Mr. Solomon Etim. Others were Senator Aloysius Etok and former local government chairmen, Otuekong Ekerete Ekpenyong and Mr. Michael Etim.


Distinguished Nigerians similarly honoured at the Sun Awards included the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, as Outstanding Politician of the Year, Lagos State Governor Akinwunmi Ambode as The Sun Man of the Year and his Rivers State counterpart, Nyesom Wike, as Governor of the year.



Ibitoye Abosede


Director Corporate Affairs


February 25, 2018.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perpetrators of Flogged Anambra Woman bags 9yrs imprisonment

Perpetrators of Flogged Anambra Woman bags 9yrs imprisonment At least husband and wife, Ifeanyi Azota and Azotani Toochukwu and their family friend, Ogochukwu Nwankwo have been sentenced to prison for assaulting a woman, Okafor Ogochukwu, at Ezimezi village in Amawbia state. While the husband bagged 16 months imprisonment with a fine of N200,000, the wife and her friend bagged nine (9) years imprisonment each, conspiracy, blackmail, deprivation of liberty and assault occassioning harm. Recall that, a statement by SP Haruna Mohammed PPRO of Anambra State   Police Command, stated that: “On the 21/3/2019 at about 2:40pm, one Okafor Ogochukwu ‘F’ of Osile Village Ogidi reported at Central Police Station Awka that on 19/03/2019 at about 11:36am, she was invited by her male facebook friend one Ifeanyi Azota ‘m’ to his house at Ezimezi village in Amawbia. All of a Sudden a woman who claimed to be his wife namely Azotani Toochukwu ‘f’ suddenly appeared into the house with he...

MEET THE OLDEST PRISONER IN THE WORLD THAT SAID HE IS NOT GUILTY

MEET THE OLDEST PRISONER IN THE WORLD THAT SAID HE IS NOT GUILTY After serving 63 years for a crime he claims he did not commit, a Pennsylvania man is turning down the opportunity to be paroled from prison on principle. He claims he is innocent and should never have been convicted in the first place. Convicted for the 1953 murders of two people at the age of 15, the man has maintained his innocence for more than half a century. You have to hear his story. Seventy nine year old Joseph Ligon, was fifteen years old when he was tried and convicted for the stabbing deaths of Charles Pitts and Jackson Hamm. Five other youths were also charged. The deaths were the result of a gang brawl. Developmentally disabled, he admitted he had been part of the melee, but did not stab the two youths who were killed, and he has maintained his innocence throughout his ordeal. All of the other defendants in the case have either passed away or have been released from prison already. In 2010, Ligon spoke...

Sad: See what Buhari said about Rivers/Kaduna

  Read full text: STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE PRESIDENT BUHARI CONDEMNS NEW YEAR KILLINGS IN RIVERS AND KADUNA STATES President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed shock and outrage at reports of killings of innocent persons in Omoku, Rivers State and the traditional ruler, the Etum Numana, Dr Gambo Makama, and his wife in Sango Local Government Area of Kaduna State in the New Year. The President, who described the incidents as “reprehensible and unacceptable,” directed law enforcement agencies in both states to intensify their current efforts in order to speedily bring the perpetrators to face the wrath of the law. “I have always maintained that nothing justifies the taking of the life of an innocent person,” he said, adding that “people in our communities must learn to live peacefully.” President Buhari appealed to the communities affected not to embark on reprisal attacks, but allow the security agencies to carry out comprehensive investigations to properly punish the culprits. He comm...