Skip to main content

Flash: Abe set to slam PDP at tribunal

Flash: Abe set to slam PDP at tribunal

The Media Committee of Senator Magnus Ngei Abe, Senator representing Rivers South East Senatorial District, has stated that the Rivers State Chapter of Peoples Democratic (PDP) has nothing to say on the victory of Senator Abe.

In a press statement issued in reaction to a statement by the PDP entitled, “PDP Heads to the Tribunal against Abe's declaration as Senator”, the committee said election petition tribunals are part of democratic process in Nigeria and that there was nothing new about going to the tribunal.

The committee said Senator Abe and the APC were set to meet the PDP at the tribunal to defend the sacred mandate given to Senator Abe by the People of Rivers South East.

It said up till now that the PDP is unable to point out electoral irregularities committed by APC in Rivers South East rather they make sweeping statements of how security personnel helped APC to win.

The committee said Senator Abe and the APC have evidence of efforts by PDP to rig the election even though APC won.

The committee advised the PDP and Gov. Nyesom Wike to look for where to spend Rivers people's money and not to waste it at the tribunal as the victory of Senator Abe was truly won at the ballot box.

It stated that because PDP knew that APC truly won, they have been talking about concocting results without bringing their facts bare, which is an attempt to justify their loss, should APC win at the tribunal.

The committee urged the people of Rivers South East to exercise calm in the face of provocative comments Mr. Felix Obuah, the Chairman of PDP had been making, calling their dearly elected Senator names.

It enjoined them to ignore Mr. Obuah as a man of no consequence who had reduced Omoku town and the entire Ogbaland to a ghost place.

It added that Obuah had learnt something new about Ogoni as a people who know their interest and could protect it at all times, pointing out that despite insinuations to use Ogoni against Ogoni, Obuah and Wike were disappointed.

The statement urged Ogoni people to reject the goodwill message from Felix Obuah as he has no good will for the people of Ogoni.

Signed:

PARRY SAROH BENSON
Spokesperson to Senator Magnus Abe
January 3, 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perpetrators of Flogged Anambra Woman bags 9yrs imprisonment

Perpetrators of Flogged Anambra Woman bags 9yrs imprisonment At least husband and wife, Ifeanyi Azota and Azotani Toochukwu and their family friend, Ogochukwu Nwankwo have been sentenced to prison for assaulting a woman, Okafor Ogochukwu, at Ezimezi village in Amawbia state. While the husband bagged 16 months imprisonment with a fine of N200,000, the wife and her friend bagged nine (9) years imprisonment each, conspiracy, blackmail, deprivation of liberty and assault occassioning harm. Recall that, a statement by SP Haruna Mohammed PPRO of Anambra State   Police Command, stated that: “On the 21/3/2019 at about 2:40pm, one Okafor Ogochukwu ‘F’ of Osile Village Ogidi reported at Central Police Station Awka that on 19/03/2019 at about 11:36am, she was invited by her male facebook friend one Ifeanyi Azota ‘m’ to his house at Ezimezi village in Amawbia. All of a Sudden a woman who claimed to be his wife namely Azotani Toochukwu ‘f’ suddenly appeared into the house with he...

MEET THE OLDEST PRISONER IN THE WORLD THAT SAID HE IS NOT GUILTY

MEET THE OLDEST PRISONER IN THE WORLD THAT SAID HE IS NOT GUILTY After serving 63 years for a crime he claims he did not commit, a Pennsylvania man is turning down the opportunity to be paroled from prison on principle. He claims he is innocent and should never have been convicted in the first place. Convicted for the 1953 murders of two people at the age of 15, the man has maintained his innocence for more than half a century. You have to hear his story. Seventy nine year old Joseph Ligon, was fifteen years old when he was tried and convicted for the stabbing deaths of Charles Pitts and Jackson Hamm. Five other youths were also charged. The deaths were the result of a gang brawl. Developmentally disabled, he admitted he had been part of the melee, but did not stab the two youths who were killed, and he has maintained his innocence throughout his ordeal. All of the other defendants in the case have either passed away or have been released from prison already. In 2010, Ligon spoke...

Sad: See what Buhari said about Rivers/Kaduna

  Read full text: STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE PRESIDENT BUHARI CONDEMNS NEW YEAR KILLINGS IN RIVERS AND KADUNA STATES President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed shock and outrage at reports of killings of innocent persons in Omoku, Rivers State and the traditional ruler, the Etum Numana, Dr Gambo Makama, and his wife in Sango Local Government Area of Kaduna State in the New Year. The President, who described the incidents as “reprehensible and unacceptable,” directed law enforcement agencies in both states to intensify their current efforts in order to speedily bring the perpetrators to face the wrath of the law. “I have always maintained that nothing justifies the taking of the life of an innocent person,” he said, adding that “people in our communities must learn to live peacefully.” President Buhari appealed to the communities affected not to embark on reprisal attacks, but allow the security agencies to carry out comprehensive investigations to properly punish the culprits. He comm...