Skip to main content

Nyanya Chieftain commends Govt on Nyanya/Mararaba Road expansion... Calls for more assistance on roadside traders

Nyanya Chieftain commends Govt on Nyanya/Mararaba Road expansion... Calls for more assistance on roadside traders


A chieftain in the Galadima Nyanya Traditional Council, Mr. Sunday Luka has commended the government for the ongoing road expansion linking Abuja Federal Capital Territory and Nassarawa State.


Mr Luke during an interview in the Galadima Nyanya's Palace said his people are very impressed to see the ongoing road expansion. He said the complains coming from the Nyanya/Mararaba road traffic over time has been very disturbing.




According to him, "the work is in progress just as we appreciate it too. From the beginning it was one lane but now it's two lane.

Every time you hear on the news Nyanya/Mararaba road traffics but thank God is now in progress and the time frame given to our people have elapsed and they have started removing their structures for the contractors to work cause the more the road is open, the more further access to development comes.



While commending, he further appealed that the government should assist those roadside traders affected by the expansion in a way of resettling them in a temporary site till things gets better.


"What we want the government to do is that, in the modernization of the new Nyanya market, if the contractor and the council cannot come together in same page they should allow the traders a little space that will accommodate them pending when things will be normal."


He however noted that, "we are not so happy that our family people have been disintegrated from us, like in the beginning we were all living together but now they are living kilometers away from us but it's for good cause our prayers are if you are leaving an old place, the new place should be better of."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad: See what Buhari said about Rivers/Kaduna

  Read full text: STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE PRESIDENT BUHARI CONDEMNS NEW YEAR KILLINGS IN RIVERS AND KADUNA STATES President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed shock and outrage at reports of killings of innocent persons in Omoku, Rivers State and the traditional ruler, the Etum Numana, Dr Gambo Makama, and his wife in Sango Local Government Area of Kaduna State in the New Year. The President, who described the incidents as “reprehensible and unacceptable,” directed law enforcement agencies in both states to intensify their current efforts in order to speedily bring the perpetrators to face the wrath of the law. “I have always maintained that nothing justifies the taking of the life of an innocent person,” he said, adding that “people in our communities must learn to live peacefully.” President Buhari appealed to the communities affected not to embark on reprisal attacks, but allow the security agencies to carry out comprehensive investigations to properly punish the culprits. He comm...

APC Ward Congress: Amaechi says materials were not hijacked... Calls on the general public to shun rumour mongers

The Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi  Amaechi, has said the planned All Progressives Congress, APC, Congresses in Rivers State will hold has scheduled in spite the rumours making the rounds in some section of the Media  that materials were hijacked and  compromised. The former governor made the assertion in Port Harcourt recently, while reacting to insinuations that materials meant for the congresses had been hijacked with the view of compromising the outcome in favour of a particular group of party loyalists. For your news and adverts, contact Newspointers.blogspot. com imaowaji135@gmail.com Call: 08159993540 Amaechi expressed surprise that someone could cook up such falsehood in order to cast doubts in the hearts of citizens and also heat up the political scene. Reiterating his stance for free and credible Congresses across the state, he opined that he is not in possession of any material relating to the planned Congresses because he is not a part...

PLANNED REVOCATION OF THE CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY OF NOVOTEL HOTEL ALONG STADIUM ROAD, PORT HARCOURT; A RECKLESS ABUSE OF POWER

PLANNED REVOCATION OF THE CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY OF NOVOTEL HOTEL ALONG STADIUM ROAD, PORT HARCOURT; A RECKLESS ABUSE OF POWER By comrade Barango-Tariah, Hope The governor of Rivers state, chief Barr. NEW has once again made an insidious and uninformed statement  while in church service yesterday. The statement which quoted the governor to have ordered the revocation of the C of O of a world class hotel like NOVOTEL is highly regrettable and practically condemnable because the statement is coming from the governor of a state that is in dare need of investors. Taking a careful, close and conscious look at the streets of port Harcourt will inform residents that the regularly tormenting and frustrating hold ups (go slow) are gradually on the decline without TIMARIV, traffic wardens now relax for more hours on their duty stands because the traffic on our roads are not what they used to be. The reason for this development is as a result of the daily eloping of investors from the ...