Skip to main content

Bodo-Bonny Road: Fashola orders Berger, contractors and others to begin work!

Bodo-Bonny Road: Fashola orders Berger, contractors and others to begin work!

The Minister  for Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola has ordered the contractors handling Bodo-Bonny road to begin work before the next two weeks. Fashola gave the ultimatum on Thursday in Abuja at a meeting with representatives of communities along the corridor of the project and officials of Julius Berger PLC, the contractor.

According to him, " I am sad to hear that the contractor is being attacked, his property in Gitto yard being vandalised, topographic survey and other works being stopped in your communities.

“We need to have a position within two weeks for MoU of compromise to be signed assuring us that there will be peace in that place.

“It took time to beg them to release money for the project, so, if you don’t take ownership of it and put it to use, then we might as well tell them to take their money back.

“You must invite the contractor back to site and ensure that you suggest to them anything you want the contractor to do because you can’t take over their business,” he said.

“I must emphasised at this time very clearly that it is in your hands as people who will be affected to either own this project or turn your back on it.

“My sense is that if a major federal government project is coming to your area, you put your differences aside particularly for the fact that the project is a potential live changing assets,” he added.##

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad: See what Buhari said about Rivers/Kaduna

  Read full text: STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE PRESIDENT BUHARI CONDEMNS NEW YEAR KILLINGS IN RIVERS AND KADUNA STATES President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed shock and outrage at reports of killings of innocent persons in Omoku, Rivers State and the traditional ruler, the Etum Numana, Dr Gambo Makama, and his wife in Sango Local Government Area of Kaduna State in the New Year. The President, who described the incidents as “reprehensible and unacceptable,” directed law enforcement agencies in both states to intensify their current efforts in order to speedily bring the perpetrators to face the wrath of the law. “I have always maintained that nothing justifies the taking of the life of an innocent person,” he said, adding that “people in our communities must learn to live peacefully.” President Buhari appealed to the communities affected not to embark on reprisal attacks, but allow the security agencies to carry out comprehensive investigations to properly punish the culprits. He comm...

APC Ward Congress: Amaechi says materials were not hijacked... Calls on the general public to shun rumour mongers

The Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi  Amaechi, has said the planned All Progressives Congress, APC, Congresses in Rivers State will hold has scheduled in spite the rumours making the rounds in some section of the Media  that materials were hijacked and  compromised. The former governor made the assertion in Port Harcourt recently, while reacting to insinuations that materials meant for the congresses had been hijacked with the view of compromising the outcome in favour of a particular group of party loyalists. For your news and adverts, contact Newspointers.blogspot. com imaowaji135@gmail.com Call: 08159993540 Amaechi expressed surprise that someone could cook up such falsehood in order to cast doubts in the hearts of citizens and also heat up the political scene. Reiterating his stance for free and credible Congresses across the state, he opined that he is not in possession of any material relating to the planned Congresses because he is not a part...

Perpetrators of Flogged Anambra Woman bags 9yrs imprisonment

Perpetrators of Flogged Anambra Woman bags 9yrs imprisonment At least husband and wife, Ifeanyi Azota and Azotani Toochukwu and their family friend, Ogochukwu Nwankwo have been sentenced to prison for assaulting a woman, Okafor Ogochukwu, at Ezimezi village in Amawbia state. While the husband bagged 16 months imprisonment with a fine of N200,000, the wife and her friend bagged nine (9) years imprisonment each, conspiracy, blackmail, deprivation of liberty and assault occassioning harm. Recall that, a statement by SP Haruna Mohammed PPRO of Anambra State   Police Command, stated that: “On the 21/3/2019 at about 2:40pm, one Okafor Ogochukwu ‘F’ of Osile Village Ogidi reported at Central Police Station Awka that on 19/03/2019 at about 11:36am, she was invited by her male facebook friend one Ifeanyi Azota ‘m’ to his house at Ezimezi village in Amawbia. All of a Sudden a woman who claimed to be his wife namely Azotani Toochukwu ‘f’ suddenly appeared into the house with he...