Skip to main content

Breaking News! See what killed Ken Saro Wiwa Jnr

  Ken Saro Wiwa Jnr and his dad 
 The demise of Ken Saro Wiwa Jnr. has been a great shock to the Ogonis and Nigeria at large. In a swift response, President Muhammadu Buhari said his heartfelt condolence goes to the people of Ogoni Kingdom over the passage of their illustrious son, author and environmental activist, stressing that he was an ardent believer in the unity, progress and stability of his community. President Buhari added that the painful passing of a promising Nigerian whose willingness and dedication to the clean-up of Ogoni land inspired a healing process in Nigeria after the death of his father, Ken Saro-Wiwa.
In another development, Sen. Magnus Ngei Abe in his condolence message described death as a big loss that took him time to comprehend.
 ''It took hours for me to fully comprehend this tragedy. This is indeed a great loss not only to the Ogoni people but to Nigeria.''
''The Ogoni people will miss Ken junior, Nigeria will miss him, but his family will miss him the most and it is to them that I offer my deepest sympathies and heartfelt condolences that God almighty will grant them grace to overcome this painful and tragic loss''. 
Meanwhile, sources close to the family said Ken Jnr. died in London while undergoing some medical attention on Wednesday the 18th October, 2016.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perpetrators of Flogged Anambra Woman bags 9yrs imprisonment

Perpetrators of Flogged Anambra Woman bags 9yrs imprisonment At least husband and wife, Ifeanyi Azota and Azotani Toochukwu and their family friend, Ogochukwu Nwankwo have been sentenced to prison for assaulting a woman, Okafor Ogochukwu, at Ezimezi village in Amawbia state. While the husband bagged 16 months imprisonment with a fine of N200,000, the wife and her friend bagged nine (9) years imprisonment each, conspiracy, blackmail, deprivation of liberty and assault occassioning harm. Recall that, a statement by SP Haruna Mohammed PPRO of Anambra State   Police Command, stated that: “On the 21/3/2019 at about 2:40pm, one Okafor Ogochukwu ‘F’ of Osile Village Ogidi reported at Central Police Station Awka that on 19/03/2019 at about 11:36am, she was invited by her male facebook friend one Ifeanyi Azota ‘m’ to his house at Ezimezi village in Amawbia. All of a Sudden a woman who claimed to be his wife namely Azotani Toochukwu ‘f’ suddenly appeared into the house with he...

MEET THE OLDEST PRISONER IN THE WORLD THAT SAID HE IS NOT GUILTY

MEET THE OLDEST PRISONER IN THE WORLD THAT SAID HE IS NOT GUILTY After serving 63 years for a crime he claims he did not commit, a Pennsylvania man is turning down the opportunity to be paroled from prison on principle. He claims he is innocent and should never have been convicted in the first place. Convicted for the 1953 murders of two people at the age of 15, the man has maintained his innocence for more than half a century. You have to hear his story. Seventy nine year old Joseph Ligon, was fifteen years old when he was tried and convicted for the stabbing deaths of Charles Pitts and Jackson Hamm. Five other youths were also charged. The deaths were the result of a gang brawl. Developmentally disabled, he admitted he had been part of the melee, but did not stab the two youths who were killed, and he has maintained his innocence throughout his ordeal. All of the other defendants in the case have either passed away or have been released from prison already. In 2010, Ligon spoke...

Sad: See what Buhari said about Rivers/Kaduna

  Read full text: STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE PRESIDENT BUHARI CONDEMNS NEW YEAR KILLINGS IN RIVERS AND KADUNA STATES President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed shock and outrage at reports of killings of innocent persons in Omoku, Rivers State and the traditional ruler, the Etum Numana, Dr Gambo Makama, and his wife in Sango Local Government Area of Kaduna State in the New Year. The President, who described the incidents as “reprehensible and unacceptable,” directed law enforcement agencies in both states to intensify their current efforts in order to speedily bring the perpetrators to face the wrath of the law. “I have always maintained that nothing justifies the taking of the life of an innocent person,” he said, adding that “people in our communities must learn to live peacefully.” President Buhari appealed to the communities affected not to embark on reprisal attacks, but allow the security agencies to carry out comprehensive investigations to properly punish the culprits. He comm...