Skip to main content

See Where Fayose Got pres. Buhari Angry

The drama between the embattled governor of Ekiti State went worse  when Peter Ayodele Fayose recently accused the wife of president Mohammed Buhari of being involved in the Haliburton scandal.
In his accusation, governor Fayose said if the government of president Buhari was actually fighting curruption it would have looked into the money scandal which the wife's name Aisha Buhari was included.
On the part of EFCC, Ibrahim Lamorode who was the former director of operations when reacting to the statement accredited to Ekiti state governor said, the name AISHA BUHARI mention among the people indicted in the Haliburton scandal was not refering to the wife of president Buhari. According to him,
“I was the director of operations at the EFCC at the time so I know about the case very well.
 I can tell you that it is not her (President Buhari’s wife)~ Ibrahim Lamorde''. 

Recall that the name AISHA BUHARI was among the Haliburton bribery scandal, which dates back to 1994 when the Nigerian government was to launch an ambitious plan to build the Bonny Island Natural Liquefied Gas Project, where $182 million bribery was said to be taken in exchange of $6 billion for the launching of the said Project.
Since then, reactions has continue to trail among Nigerians stressing that those involve should be brought to book. Indications has it that after the Fayose's statement till date things has not gone down well with him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have No private business, No private University, I owned No oil well, No foreign accounts, I live solely on pensions and my salary. What is my offence, why the hatred"~PMB

Whats your take on this? Quote of the day "I have No private business, No private University, I owned No oil well, No foreign accounts, I live solely on pensions and my salary. What is my offence, why the hatred" ~Muhammadu Buhari

Rivers 2019: A cry for riverine governor ~written by Barr Owen

In recent times, the media have been inundated with brilliant arguments that power must rotate to the Riverine section of Rivers State. This aspiration no doubt is predicated on the dogged principle of equity and justice aiming at building a virile and egalitarian Rivers state where every section would feel a sense of belonging. Little wonder that a people that produce the bulk of the natural resources for the sustenance of the state and the nation cannot access the seat of power of the state to determine how the resources are applied for the development of the state. They are being systematically pushed to the periphery to serve as second fiddle in the state. Unfortunately, in Rivers state brick house, spare tyres never had opportunity to ride the car of governance. This is perhaps the worst type of internal neo- colonialism which must be dismantled in Rivers State in the 2019  gubernatorial election. Even more disturbing is the fact that from 1999 till date the coveted seat ...

Rivers: Govt Wike's proposed disbursement of N200m suffers another setback as comrade Douglas raises alarm

All is not well as the Rivers state governor, Nyesome Wike proposes another huge sum of amount in driving his political careers. According to a top antagonist of governor Wike's government, Douglas Dodiyi-Manuel, who highlighted some points said the move should be discontinued. Excerpts from Mr. Dodiyi-Manuel's massage; "We are yet to determine the implementation quotient of the 2alarmnd 2017 budgets that summatively amounted to N840b expenditure in two years. What are loans? I don't believe in artisanal programs that insult the potentials of our YOUTH. In this day and age, industrialisation is the word, not mere survival. If the Rivers State Government is sincere, then they must follow certain sequence: 1. Institutionalization: by this, I mean to create and strengthen institutions that will drive GOVERNMENT'S POLICIES. We can't in the 21st Century allow Wike run government like a kiosk. These institutions will look into government's proposed...